Re: [hostapix] Sun tolerant hostas?

  • Subject: Re: [hostapix] Sun tolerant hostas?
  • From: CBCTPLANT@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 22:41:18 EST

In a message dated 2/3/2003 8:57:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
purcellcarolyn@aol.com writes:

> Hello everyone.
> Are there any recommendations from the group for hostas that do well in
> full sun? The answers to this question have been discussed at length by
> this group (however, I'm drawing a blank) so please bear with me. Isn't it
> amazing that once people discover someone has a passion for hostas they
> automatically assume there's lots of expertise there? How an addiction can
> be confused with any type of knowledge is beyond me. I tried searching the
> database and the archives but failed in the archives to bring up the flurry
> of posts that I'd remembered reading concerning performance of specific
> varieties.  Can anyone advise ... either with names of hostas or key words
> for the archives and searchable database?
> Thanks. Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,
Once again <A HREF="http://www.hostalibrary.org/";>The Hosta Library</A> is the
place you find the hosta information you
are looking for!
When has it ever NOT been?  Right?
On the HOME page...below the Alphabet....just above the AUCTION link...you
will see an area called LISTS.
If you click on it, it will take you to a list of lists that volunteers put
You will see there Sun Tolerant...BINGO!

While you're there, you might take a peek at the FIRST LOOK / HostaLibrary
Auction.  What you will see there is amazing!  If you were here on Pixlist
for the Ron Livingston show....he has generously donated 2 plants of his Red
Dragon!  It is a real looker!
Bob Axmear, Kent Terpening, Bill Meyer, Mary Chastain to name a few, have
some of their beauties in there!  We have a new "wrinkle" this year that you
can read about in item 2.
We will be choosing a random item, a random bid, and that person who places
that bid will win a mystery prize from Japan.
We are having some real FUN at the Hosta Library Auction Site!  It will be
going on until Saturday February 15, 2003 and ALL ITEMS will close at the
magical hour of 19:00:00 PST ( or  when the time zone stamp of the auction
site hits 19:00:00).
Someone has gotten their hands on Chick memorabilia and it is going
CHEAP..for the time being...!
This is only the beginning!  We have more generous donor's goodies to put up
over the next two weeks.  And there will be fun stuff too.  First Look is
about FUN!
So head to the HostaLibrary and find the information you need for
free...because Bob and all his friends want it to be there for us all!

If anyone would like to donate to the fun and the cause at the
you can send an Email with what you would like to add. <A

Carol in CT z6/5
<A HREF="http://auctionsight.com/cgi-bin/auction.pl";>FIRST LOOK 3
/HostaLibrary Benefit Auction</A>
Feb 1 thru Feb 15 at 19:00:00 close