Re:aimless wondering

  • Subject: Re:aimless wondering
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:34:36 EST

In a message dated 2/24/03 1:31:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
chick@bridgewoodgardens.com writes:

> Frankly I don't know how that could be but I'm finding that there are all
>  kinds of setups out there that just baffle me.

Sure I agree, that is why I don't worry about computers too much and will
just tab over when I change pages.  See how adaptable I am.

Very enjoyable reading, good analogy about the flat bread and pizza.  Now
about this:

"The best way to design a hosta garden is to buy every hosta that you like,
find some empty space in your garden, and start digging.  And after you plant
them, stand back and look at them for a while and if they don't look just
right, move them.  That's what real hosta gardeners do.

And when you think you've run out of room, take a look at some of those old
plants you picked up when you first started.  Maybe it's time to dig up some
of those old plants and give them away so you can replace them with some
expensive new introductions.  And of course, if you have any other perennials
or shrubs in your garden, you can always get rid of that stuff."

That is what drives my husband nuts and has caused him to throw up his hands!
 Every time we would get it mapped and plotted out I would come home with a
carload of hostas and then I discovered that you could get them by MAIL!
That pretty much sent him over the edge and he started spending all his time
at Kings Island with the kids.  That was just about the time I started
growing them from seeds, and I just don't have enough land for that and am
thinking of asking my neighbor if I can plant in what was his vegetable
garden.  The trees have made it too shady for vegetables, but so far I have
been able to resist using the neighbors hospitality.

Maybe a garage or plant sale, need to unload some daylilies.........!  N.

Narda Miller
Fairfield, OH
"Love never fails." 1 Cor. 13:8