Re: Political Follicles (and hostas too)

  • Subject: Re: Political Follicles (and hostas too)
  • From: "Marie-Louise Wagner" <hostas@gmx.at>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 23:20:56 +0100 (MET)

> So do you find hostas in the nurseries in Austria? The same kind of
> variety we
> have in the States?

There have always been varieties like Elegans and undulatas and Halcyon in
nurseries. They are slowly catching up concerning the number of different
varieties. Hostas are becoming more and more "hip" and very often you can find
interesting hostas in garden centers. they come in  from the netherlands.
sadly, the labels are almost always wrong, but that doesn't deterr us ;-)
some specialsist nurseries have many intersting varieties (at least for us)
- they would be just ordinary hostas for americans I guess.
If you want the newer fancier varieties, you have to order them from Marco
Fransen in the Netherlands :-)

PS: I am not buying any more hostas - I have no more space. I'm going to
have big trouble finding room for all of my seedlings as it is ;-)

--
Cheerio

Marie