Re: Dormancy

In a message dated 2/3/99 9:51:20 AM Central Standard Time, ranbl@netsync.net

<< Norm
 Over the years I have heard this quite a few times.  I to have had
 betches of seed from the same sources, that showed better rates of
 germination, after refrigerating, that seed from the same batch planted
 before refrigerating.  This does not seem to be universal, however.
 Here is one more area where some "controlled " tests could produce
 valuable information
 there are two different variables here.
Time and temp.
the better germination may be do to longer storage or to the chilling, if I
had to make a guess it is probably the chilling but until a test is done with
all uniform conditions except the one variable being tested -- we just do not

Paul Henjum