Re: Heresy do not read on.

Chick, you miss my point or you just like a pissing contest.
I love a show and don't criticize Van's garden at all. Only defining part
of how its done. It is high maintenance and many see it, want it, don't
know why theirs doesn't look like that. It is a lot of work and expense and
wouldn't do well under mine and many other gardener's neglect.
Patsy Stygal according to Clyde's post uses a lot of promix and has a
beautiful garden. I would ask her if she does a lot of watering and is on a
fairly heavy fertilizer program. The area I have is so large that I
couldn't afford to water outside like your container operation so I want a
soil that will take care of itself. Put your pots through a 6 week drought
and let me know how their doing.
Its been a while but my memory is Van said he waters 2-3 times a day. Don't
quote me on that one.

At 09:33 PM 2/9/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Butch Ragland wrote:
>
>>  Wade has created a big container with promix OUTSIDE and waters and
>> fertilizes heavy pushing the plants like a giant container. High
>> maintenance, artificial environment that is only show.
>
>Jeez, I just can't help myself.  Lord knows we wouldn't want a show,
>especially if the only way we can get it is by doing everything wrong.
>
>Just a prejudiced, old fashioned thought from
>
>Chick
>www.bridgewoodgardens.com

Butch Ragland So. Indiana zone 5