Re: web site. and culture practices

Thanks Dan for the kind remarks glad you enjoyed the tour.  As to our cultural
practices, happy to share.  Nothing unusual, I think.
	I have had a nice compost area for 32 or so years here.
	Purdue Univ. Master Gardeners Heads were here and did a video for public tv.,
another video was made by the State later for childrens environmental
education.
	There have been no leaves, twigs or grasses have gone to the street during
that period.  The leaves are from oak, hickory, ash and I have a grinder.  No
garbage went into the compost as I felt it would attract rodents, raccoons,
etc. I layer using the green with brown, as much as I can save of the brown,
with top soil and add whatever turf builder that is left like a couple cups
per layer or if I don't have turf builder I use 10-10-10. Turning compost
comes in area called work. I do not use the compost for adding to potting for
about 3-4 years.  I generally mix compost with top soil and promix for potting
or putting a new plant in the garden.  I have used Sierra Blend fertilizer in
the spring for several years (it has been discontinued and I will be using
Oscomote).
	I have used Cygon 2-E for a long time as systemic insecticide.  It is toxic
and one should read the directions carefully and protect ones self.  I also
use slug bait.  And water, of course.
	Then leave them alone.  Do not take out any divisions for three-four-five
years.
	That's about it Dan.  If there are any questions I will try and answer
	Gayle Kamp
 <A HREF="http://www.gem-enterprises.com/KampHostaGarden/index.html">
http://www.gem-enterprises.com/KampHostaGarden/</A>