Re: hostas in pots

In a message dated 1/1/00 8:51:37 AM Eastern Standard Time, eoneill@ibm.net
writes:

<< Heh,heh. That's why I asked the question about growing hostas in ceramic
 self-watering pots! And added benefit is no slugs, no earwigs! (Just a
 plant-eating cat)

 Gerry >>

Gerry, I have a pot full of hosta starts outside.  They were the refuse from
a day of hosta dividing at my friends place.  I decided to leave them in the
pot and to force them now just for fun.  Besides, I have no idea what plants
are in there.  I learned last night in the "chat room" that hostas need 700
hrs. dormancy.  Correct me if I am wrong, but that is just a little over four
weeks!  If it is sixty degrees here today as predicted then I just may bring
the pot in tonight.

Grow that cat some cat nip or some grass in a pot, the hostas won't hurt him
if he does eat them, probably good for him.

Plant eating cat, you are making me miss my kitty, she was almost eighteen
when she passed away.  She was very tidy about trimming the plants, very neat
and even, and she loved catnip growing in a pot.

Narda