Help with Excel

Hi there,
Can anyone give me input on how to take a hyperlink format OUT of an Excel db
cell or column or the whole darn thing (for that matter)!
I am updating the newsletter editor db in Excel 2000 and I have one dern
entry that is a hyperlink and wants to send an Email to this Email address
each time I go near it!  I have asked that stupid looking character for help
and the help he gives on formatting a range of cells is NO HELP at all!  In a
column of 52 entries that contain Email addresses only one cell has this
hyperlink formatted into it.  I have erased, deleted, Control X'd,
backspaced, replaced with another Email address and retyped, changed from
blue to black color, and everyother combination of TRICKS I can think of and
have had zero success!
If anyone has any idea how to FIX this PLEASE Email me PRIVATELY before I
have a breakdown!
Thank you from every cell of my being!

Carol in CT z6/5