At 06:32 PM 01/08/2000 -0600, Betsy Mahtani <bmathani@flash.net> wrote:
>I am concerned that my inquiry about the F3 seeds has created a
>misunderstanding. I had no idea it might--I was just interested in
>knowing the origin and excited about the possibility of having more than
>one generation of your seeds--and these have been frozen for 3 years.
>I've not grown frozen seeds before.  Upon close examination today,
>several are beginning to germinate, although no leaves yet.  As I
>mentioned, I planted them New Year's Eve, which should portend great

Betsy'luv.. I don't believe, there was any misunderstanding between us, and
I thank you very kindly & sincerely, for mentioning that you bought *Let's
Streak -F3 Seed* from the *PHOENIX AUCTION* because Carolyn Schaffner sure
didn't tell or ask me anything about using my seed donation of three years
ago; and which, was donated to the WNY Hosta Society.  Good Tip Off Bets
...yer an angel and didn't know it ...thanks?
Here are the facts, as I have them:
1...PHOENIX list-server is owned by Carolyn Schaffner personally; and is
not, sponsored/supported by the American Hosta Society (AHS) or the Western
New York Hosta Society (WNYHS)
2...My donation of LET'S STREAK - F3'seed, years ago, was done so for
purposes related to & connected [to/with & for] THE 'Western New York Hosta
Society' expansions/uses & sharing within, and not to be used for Carolyn's
personal uses, as she did via PHOENIX.  I'm curious, from Beth Arnold
question: What was the purpose of the PHOENIX auction i.e. where does that
money go?
*Betsy Mahtani* <--> If you could help us with the above question, this
would be gratefully appreciated?
3... *SEED-WAS-NOT!* donated to Carolyn Shaffner personally; to use in any
way she personally sees fit; like for example, building a Treasury for
PHOENIX = her own personal list-server?
4... To me? ..this constitutes a *CONFLICT OF INTEREST* and *OPPORTUNISM*
at my expense; and hence, I have asked Carolyn to return any seed left over
right now?  She replied, but neglected to answer any questions I asked.
5... NOBODY needs the above kind of exploitism from anybody? ...and I
personally will not stand for it!

Further to the above! ..this woman? (Carolyn Schaffner?) ..just like some
kind of *Hitler in Drag* might do:
--> throws out: very good hosta people, from the AHS Robin, without any
just causes and reasons? e.g. Jim Hawes
--> Carolyn is directly responsible for AHS ROBIN demise/closure as a
resulting manifestation of HER actions?

FINAL & IN CONCLUSION:  I want it to be understood BY ALL, that anyone
donating seed to a Society, is generally assuming seed will be used for:
--> a general use within that Society's charter.
--> an objective of sparking seedling-growing enthusiasm within that
Society members.
-->> AND IS NOT DONATED for personal uses outside of that Society's
objectives! ..as was done by Carolyn, via PHOENIX auction.

Personalities like Carolyn Shaffner; make me absolutely sick! ..to have to
be on this same planet with them?  ..but that's okay! ...because we learn
from our experiences & mistakes with other folks around us ...LIVE! .and learn.

note to Clyde Crockett ..U requested to be removed from "nise@onelist.com"
due to Carolyn being a member therein ...please see E-mail having Subject:

:-( hope ya got it?