Subject: Re: Canadian Test
Author:  hosta-open@mallorn.com (owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com) at HERCULES
Date:    01/09/2000 9:44 AM

natures@rea-alp.com writes:

<<  Although I have not been in Boston,
 driving in any bigger city in the country of Mexico is literally
 your life in your hands >>

I have driven in Mexico City, Montreal, Quebec City, Toronto, Boston,
York City, Chicago, L.A., London, Paris, Rome, Tokyo, and many, many
cities in the U.S. and the world.  Worse yet, I commute to work in
Washington, D.C. every day.  My wife was born in Alexandria, VA, just
the river from DC and is so afraid to drive there that she has only
driven in
the district twice in her life!  By far Rome was the worst.  Here is
my top
ten worst driving cities with 1 being the worst.  My ratings are
based upon death defying efforts to survive due to unbelievable
"skills" (or
lack thereof) exhibited by the other drivers and not mind-numbing
jams (or as we say here in the DC metropolitan area. Rush-hour parking

1. Rome
2. Mexico City
3. Montreal
4. Quebec City
5. Paris (I think I met the driver the killed Princess Diane, or the
of drivers he trained!)
6. Boston
7. Washington metropolitan area, specifically "The Beltway"
8. Cairo
9. West Berlin
10. Caracas

Kevin P. Walek