Re: (no subject)

Sum and Substance does like to sport.  I have tried to determine the way the
plant sports in our laboratory, and it does not always make sense to me.
Since you are interested in Sum & Substance, here is the information that we
have.  (WFTC:  Winterberry Farms Tissue Culture, a sport that appeared in
our Laboratory.)

    Sum & Substance (light green)  --> Bottom Line (dark green/good gold
edge)  WFTC
                                                              -->Dark Green
form  WFTC
Sum (gold center/thin green edge) WFTC
Gold form  WFTC
             not Winterberry Farms  ?--->Lady Isobel Barnett (variable gold
edge), Sum It Up (very
                                                        dark green/thin gold
edge),  Sum Total (?), and many others

    Sum & Substance (light green) ---->Eagles Nest (Ran Lydell, dark green/
very wide gold edge
                                                         that develops
slowly, leaves with heavy substance,

    Sum & Substance (light green)  --->  Blizzard (fairly stable white
streak)  WFTC
                                                              -->  Winter
Snow (white edge)  WFTC
                                                              -->  Bankrupt
(White center/green edge, dwarf)  WFTC

    The sporting direction that yields Winter Snow makes sense, but how did
S&S go directly to Bottom Line (and presumably Eagles Nest, Lady Isobel
Barnett, Sum It Up, Sum Total, and others?)  In our lab, there was no
intermediary streaked stage and I have never seen a light green form with a
gold edge.  Also, Bottom Line appeared first followed by the non-variegated
dark green and gold forms.

Jim Anderson