Weed control question.

Does anybody have a reliable way to control the weed I affectionately refer to as
'creeping Jenny'  I am not sure of it's official or botanical name.  I do not find
that vine
devine.

As far as using round up before the hosta come up, this will or will not hurt the
hosta?
I've been led to believe it won't but not quite sure.   Also I see folks are using
it around
the daylilies with no harm to the daylilies.

Everybody seems to be mixing the round-up themselves.  I have been buying the
premix
off of the shelf at the local shop, is this sufficient or the best strenght as it
is mixed by the
developer?  Just wondering.

I shouldn't even be wondering about weed control yet but as it has averaged 40
degrees for the month of January here in Wisconsin the weeds may be comming up,
along with the Hosta, in Feb or march.   I am hoping that it gets colder soon and
the ground gets a good
hard freeze again to help keep the plants where they need to be.

Mike
Milwaukee