Re: Weed control question.

Ran:

>I have been using it for years on Hosta.  I don't even worry if some
>are starting to "come through"  Never bothers them.  I have, however,
>seen a lot of damage to daylilies.

Are you refering to Round Up?  It's fairly hard to kill daylilies with
Round Up.  Even if you use full strength Round Up on daylilies and
really spray them well you will set them back for a year and they will
look kind of yellowish, but they will come back next year looking as
nice as ever.  If you want to kill daylilies with Round Up you need to
spray them about three of four times with about 3-4 oz of Round Up per
gallon of water, and then spray them again next year.  You can also
spray daylilies with a mix of 2,4-D and Fusilade 2000 without any
problem as long as you don't use a 2,4-D concentration that's 10 times
higher then recommended, and even then the daylilies recover.  I
haven't tried 2,4-D on hostas, but I did kill some potted hostas with
a light spraying of Round Up.  The 2,4-D kills the broadleaf weeds
while the Fusilade 2000 kills the grasses.

Joe Halinar