favorite combinations

Hi All--Over time there have been several occasions when you've been asked to list your favorites (mini's or giants or blues or whatever).As I start to prepare for this spring's buying binge, my request is a bit different. Would anyone care to list their favorite combinations of plants? In other words, do you have 2 or 3 or 4 varieties of hostas that work very well when planted together? How about combinations of specific  varieties of companion plants? Favorite combinations of companion plants with hostas? This could save us all countless hours of looking for "just the right plant(s)" for a certain garden spot. All ideas will be welcome.

Hank Zumach
Stoddard, WI
zone 4