Re: library cd

In a message dated 1/20/00 5:43:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jlanier@yancey.main.nc.us writes:

<<  but
 wondering why it is apparently difficult to impossible to get a CD that
 works on MAC's for people who have those machines, and a different CD
 that works on the other machines. >>

John, with some of the old computers it was impossible to get software to run
on both machines, some of the new computers have limited compatibility.  I
have found that some things can go to school to be run on the G 3 s.  These
have a dual platform.  I haven't tried to run anything at school on my PC
here at home.  I want to tell you that for the investment I still don't
understand why people buy MACs.  We were not given a choice at school the
tech. committee decided that the elem. schools would all use MAC's and we
have a ton of them.  However when the kids go to the middle and high schools
the technology is all PCs.

My own two kids use a MAC at school and prefer the PCs to the MACs, I have
noticed that with time the two have continued to look more and more the same
with the kinds of programming that runs.  Narda