Re: Abiqua Delight

In a message dated 1/25/00 11:52:39 AM Pacific Standard Time,
chick@bridgewoodgardens.com writes:

> I just took a peek a Robyn's web site and saw her listing and picture of
>  Abiqua Delight.  It is listed as OS and looks like the same plant that I
>  have, but does not match the description in Walden West's catalog, where
>  it is described as a small gold with green margins.
>  Robyn, do you, or does anyone else know what the story is?
What I have is a plant that Jay Hyslop from Walden-West gave me around 1995,
labeled as H. 'Abiqua Delight'.

Heck, I still believe in the power of the phone.  I just called Chuck
Purtymun (from Walden-West), he said last year's catalog was a mistake, that
what you and I have, Chick, is the correct plant.  As a side note, he said he
had sent a piece of it to Alex Summers to evaluate and Alex gave it its name.

vancouver, wa