Re: Hot pepper spray

In a message dated 1/14/01 12:25:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ctuttle39@juno.com writes:

<<  Cost $29.95.  It says: for fruits, vegetables and ornamentals.
  (Hosta??) >>

Charles, I will post again the recipe for organic hot pepper spray that you
can make and it is cheap and works:

5 oz. hot sauce
6 eggs
mix in a blender

Then add this mixture to your sprayer with 2 1/2 qts of water.

Apply on a dry day, takes a couple of hours to dry.

The person who gave this to me lives near Whitewater Forest near Harrison, OH
(my son's fifth grade language teacher).  The woods border her property, her
lot is large and wooded.  She grows everything but likes daylilies.  She says
that this stuff is cheap, works and lasts a long time, she estimates about
three weeks.

I am going to get myself some red hot pepper sauce the next time that I go to
Sam's and I will be ready to put an end to those pesky rabbits as soon as
they start nibbling the new hosta shoots.

BTW, I have a friend who says that it could be the smell of the eggs that
works as well as the hot sauce.

I am going to try this as I have tried everything else.