Re: hosta auctions

Chris,

I'm with you there! I don't bid on any auction without my database open so I can see what the "going" rate is for the hosta, retail. My database is a working, breathing Hosta Finder (among other things). Helps me organize myself come ordering time. :-)

Yet another reason to get MS Access. Sue is so right, it's worth the money. Even if you just buy an outdated version on ebay, it's worth it. I'll admit when I first started, I had a "little" experience with access because of work, but now, I think my work has benefited by my learning more about access by building my database. Can't say enough about this program.

Hugo, glad you worked it out for those who want Excel. I haven't downloaded it, but I'm glad others will at least have something.

Lu (Atlanta, Zone 7B)
It is amazing that so many people don't know what hostas are selling retail.
I had to laugh at some of the minimum bids and what
additional premiums people were willing to pay.  For eg.  Gray Cole is
selling at Naylor Creek for $15.00.  Selling at ebay auction for $20.00.  Now
of course there are shipping costs involved.  But then those costs are spread
out over several purchases.  If someone can help me with my addiction please
get in touch with me.
With Naylor Creek's new listings including Dream Weaver,  I have absolutely
no control.  Thanks Chris