Re: quercis macrocarpa, Burr Oak

Monty Carlson wrote:
> Dan,
>   How about English Oak  Quercus robur....do you have any around your
> area.......or Bob ...or anyone for that matter.  I would love to try grow
> some acorns from this tree.

Hi Monty
	I started to list the 4-5 I remember are here and decided it is easier
to just look them up. Here are the ones.
White Oak
Northern Pin Oak
Bur Oak
Chestnut Oak or Chinkapin
Northern Red Oak
Black Oak

	I have always known Pin Oaks as quercus palustris but now going through
the book I see there is northern pin oak which is quercus ellipsoidalis.
It's range is scattered in northeast Iows up through Wisconsin and Mn.
                Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/
                Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/