Re: (streak)Question(s)

> Horowitz on streak@onelist.com

If you are not on streak@onelist.com....you would not of seen the original
question...much like me.

>asked if anyone had crossed a streaked
> plant with another streaked plant. I am sure that many of us have done
> so. He asked for the results and any benefits derived.
> (Out of desparation, deprivation and frustration, I am coming out of a
> lurking stance to put something on hosta cyberspace  wavelengths and
> channels of communication. Hosta-open has been so empty lately that
> some one must restimulate the hosta community of friends into  awakening
> from their winter cold stupor and self-imposeddormancy.)
Here it sounds like Hosta-Open is too quiet...

I have to apoligize...with all this snow and only being able to type with one
hand(last surgery, I hope), winter cold stupor..fits pretty good.
Maybe our first Minnesota Hosta Society meeting of the year will help.
Or maybe it is sticker shock after seeing a heating bill over 300.00. And
lights over 150.00. OUCH!!!!  I can only imagine what nurseries are feeling.
I know one up here has decided to not start up there normal production..till
it warms up.
I am impatiently waiting for spring.
Wish I was where it is 79 degrees....

Waiting for an approching ice storm