Re: Sun Hostas

  • Subject: Re: Sun Hostas
  • From: CCREDUX@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:25:05 EST

In a message dated 1/11/2002 11:51:17 AM Central Standard Time, JSchw94560@aol.com writes:

Can you offer any suggestions among your large
selection of hostas, those that would tolerate the described planting
location?  I live in zone 5, Columbus, Ohio.  Thank you for your
help....Michael >>

I have found that it is important to mulch heavily with hostas in a lot of sun. Problem is that hostas lose a lot of their moisture content with heat and wind. So, water profusely and keep them well mulched.
Varieties? I don't think it makes much difference.