Re: 'Delta Dawn-streaked'

  • Subject: Re: 'Delta Dawn-streaked'
  • From: JSchw94560@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:20:22 EST

In a message dated 1/26/2002 10:26:08 AM Central Standard Time,
HoroRL@aol.com writes:

<< My question is I know of 'Delta Force' (Hosta Library) and 'Delta Dawn
 Supreme' (Hosta Library Auction), I believe, are streaked versions of 'Delta
 Dawn'. Is this another case where three different hosta have produced
 streaked sports of 'Delta Dawn'? >>
Hi Rick,
I was a person that bought some of the first streaked sports of H.'Delta
Dawn' from Mark Zilis a few years ago. Because the Hosta Finder does not
usually list plants that are named "streaked", I followed the trend (i.e.,
H.'Iron Gate Supreme' and H. 'Savannah Supreme') and called it H.'Delta Dawn
Supreme' Thus , I think this plant should be very much the same as H.'Delta
Pride', introduced by Q&Z.
 I have know idea where H.'Delta Force' came from.

Thank you,
Jim Schwarz

web site: http://<A HREF="www.Jimshostas.com">www.JimsHostas.com</A>
Jim's Hostas
11676 Robin Hood Dr.
Dubuque, IA  52001-9506

 One of the Volunteers at the <A HREF="dbq.com/arboretum/">Dubuque Arboretum
and Botanical Gardens</A>