Re: Moving Hostas

  • Subject: Re: Moving Hostas
  • From: DFHardt@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:01:22 EST

I've  dug hostas up and left them above ground for over a month  before putting them back into the ground. Don't wash of the soil that is on them though. Make sure there in a shaded spot and you water them alot. The biggest thing is not letting them become dry.It probably is better to put some peat around them too,but I never do.I've actually have left hostas above ground for several month before I've put them into there new location.
Where are you moving to? Are you staying in Conn? I'd love to see your collection one day.Let me know how things come out
Dave Hardt

3 BA Drive
PO Box 746
Carver, MA  02330