Re: Happy New Year from FL 3

  • Subject: Re: Happy New Year from FL 3
  • From: "Bill Meyer" njhosta@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 21:30:49 -0500

Hi Sandra,
       Entrants are not allowed to alter the appearance of their plants in any
way for the Seedling and Sport Competition. I think most people keep them
pretty protected in shadehouses or such, and they do seem to be very clean, so
maybe a little washing is done. As Chick says, being indoors with a flash will
bring out the shine on a hosta quite a bit, and we may have added more
contrast to some photos which brings it up more. Also, last year's meeting was
in July, which is just too late in the season for most peoples' plants to
still look their best. Chick's really nice entry 'Purple Rain' is a blue, but
most of the wax has melted, leaving it a particularly shiny green. 'Purple
Rain' may be the plant to beat in First Look 3.
                                                                    ....Bill
Meyer