bigben's seeds of fantasy

  • Subject: bigben's seeds of fantasy
  • From: "Bill Meyer" njhosta@hotmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 23:09:41 -0500

Hi Everybody,
        As for what this guy is doing, I think I know. He went to the
HostaLibrary and scouted for some fairly unique plants, or he's a lurker on
one of the list and heard about them there. Then he probably ran searches to
find which ones were not for sale (thus rare and valuable) and decided to make
a list of those to pretend he had seed from.
        The following listings are confirmed to be untrue:
Dreamsicle
Mustang Sally
Bacon and Eggs
Merna's Lemon Piecrust
Yellow Lollipop
        Others can best be considered highly suspect, and we'll probably find
out a few more before long. Given that this is a pretty odd bunch of names
(except yours of course Chick :-)) I don't think it's very likely that someone
chose all of them independently and sold them to him under those names.
        I'd set the odds of him being a scammer at about 99.99%, not that I
can think how it could be that he's innocent. He's apparently been at this for
a while now, so it isn't a one-day thing. He says he'll have lots of rare
plants to sell too in the spring.
        It looks like all the noise that was made caused Ebay to yank all his
current listings. If anyone else would like to file a complaint about him, go
here and fill in the box---
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetRNSWebFormShow&f
lag1=0&flag2=4&flag3=10&rcode=420200101000000&subjecttier1=Questionable+Conte
nt+on+eBay&subjecttier2=Prohibited+or+Questionable+Items&Query=Counterfeit+It
ems

If the link doesn't work, go to "Contact Rules and Safety" then "Questionable
Content" then "Prohibited or questionable items" then "Counterfeit items" the
click the "Contact Support" button at the bottom of the page. You'll get a
forms page you can type a message into.
                                                    .......Bill