Fw: AHS Online '04 NEWS!!!

  • Subject: Fw: AHS Online '04 NEWS!!!
  • From: "Dan & Lu Nelson" hostanut@Bellsouth.net
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 18:44:26 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: dedean
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2004 12:40 PM
Subject: AHS Online '04 NEWS!!!

AHS Online Auction '04

The second AHS On-line Auction is currently being organized and set up on the
AHS web site located at www.hosta.org . Specific dates and directions for the
process by which you may participate will be included at this web site. The
target date is set for the second two weeks in January, the 11th through the
25th. Proceeds raised will be targeted for The Hosta Journal. We hope to net
an additional $5,000 from this activity to continue three issues of our fine
Journal.

Changes include the capability of registering from outside the contiguous
U.S., and we will accept donations of all types of plant material. Shipping
outside the contiguous U.S. still remains the responsibility of the high
bidder. Mike Shadrack (H8staman@aol.com ) has graciously agreed to organize
shipment to the UK, and Rudolf Hanson (Rudolf.Hansen@web.dewille ) will
arrange shipment within the EU from there. Thanks go out to these two
gentlemen. No person has stepped forward to arrange shipment to Canada at this
time. The later still desires the newest and most rare, but we have an
interest for the more readily available plants in the lower price range. This
will hopefully meet the interest of many of our members, which do not have
bottomless pockets!

Plant donations:

            All plants you have enjoyed will probably strike a spark of
interest in someone else's mind. Highly coveted, rare, hard to find, good
breeding stock, and new breeders from your breeding program are being sought.
Originator stock plants often bring a good bid. Consider collections of plants
with a theme: 'Moon,' 'Tiaras,' gold centered, from a particular hybridizer,
etc.

            To donate, simply send an Email to me or wait for the site to be
activated on January 11th and submit the donation directly (there will be a
delay until proofed by the administrator and then submitted - do not be
alarmed if it does not immediately appear). You will receive a return e-mail
including a sample paragraph designed to assist you in giving us the info we
need to best represent the plant. This then becomes a promise, voucher, to
ship the plant to the highest bidder.

PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES are crucial for most of this type of plant to
gain the attention they warrant. Take one and send it along with your
commitment to donate a plant. We can work with digital sent via Email.

Thanks in advance for considering donating to this auction. Those who have
participated in past auction found it quite exciting! Enjoy, donate, bid, and
support our organization.

AHS Online Auction Coordinator

Don Dean