SUPERIOR HOSTAS

  • Subject: SUPERIOR HOSTAS
  • From: SECK138@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:27:41 EST

That is what I am looking for.  Numbers mean nothing.  A hosta that thrives
not necessarily growing fast.  A "look at me" hosta with stature,
form, texture, coloring, and the ability to look well all season.  I have a
few, I want them all.   What are those hostas?  What grows well for me might
not necessarily grow well for you.  Have we got the same plants?
Yes! I throw out hostas by the hundreds.  I am trying a few OS plants that I
have already bought that have not lived up to their reputations.  A few I
bought last year.. one in particular is noticeably better - Tokudama
Aureonebulosa.   So I didn't have the right plant after two previous tries.
Yes I am willing to buy the same hosta  several times until I get the plant I
want.  I don't care if it is a Walmart plant.  I just don't need or want
mediocre plants.  Yes, I am willing to give a hosta four years before I throw it
out.  No I do not give away these hostas because I consider them mediocre.  My
superior hostas are not necessarily the ones I paid the most money for.  So
buyer beware.  Take Care.. Chris from Braintree