Re: water, water

  • Subject: Re: water, water
  • From: butch ragland wilddog_202@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 12:17:03 -0800 (PST)

Yes, I was at your place during the Atlanta
Convention. I did have my shower plumbed outside to
water plants. Actually against code here so I had the
plumber run it into the back yard and told him I would
make the final connection which of course I never did.
What a shame how we waste grey water which with a
proper landscape would clean the water prior to
entering the water shed.

--- "W. George Schmid" <hostahill@Bellsouth.net>
wrote:

> Butch, BTW, my normal water consumption, when we can
> water, is about 30,000
> to 40,000 gallons per month in summer (July, August,
> September). No way the
> condensing unit will do that. No sump pump here. We
> are on top of a hill
> with no basement. We redirect the roof drains to
> some of the beds. We pay
> $2.775 per 1,000 gallons for irrigation when we are
> allowed to irrigate. We
> were restricted from 1998 until 2002 due to not
> enough rain to keep the
> lakes full (they supply the water). During that time
> we missed about 60
> inches of rain. Our normal is 51 inches per season,
> not enough for hostas!
> G.
> W. George Schmid
> Hosta Hill - Tucker Georgia USA