Re: Better Gnomes In Gardens

> Clyde,
> If you want garden statuary, try Tuscano's out of Chicago. They have
> saints, angels, bugs, gargoyles, whimsical, serious, scary and anything
> else you could think of.
> I love statuary stratigically placed. Too much and it looks junky. Just
> enough and it lends a peacefulness to the garden and sometimes a funny
> touch.
>
> Denise Nakon
> Brighton Mi (Z5)

Clyde,
  I agree with Denise.  Good garden statuary is important, but should
not overplay the plants.  It is the plants which are in the garden that
people want to see.
  One or two pieces are just right.  As for what to put in your garden,
that is as individual as each of us.  Statuary reflects the taste and
personality of the person who uses it, and the type of garden one finds
it in. (Ever see statuary that's way too formal for a cottage garden
style setting?)
  Pick something you like, regardless of what others may use.

Diane Frederick
Cleveland, OH
Zone 5