Re: Better Gnomes In Gardens

Clyde, the new issue of Garden Gate has a section on garden art.  I had a
large antique urn that came down through the family, and we had it shipped to
us from Arizona where my husband's brother had it.  Weighed so much it took 4
men and a truck with a lift-gate to install it.  I put it in the front yard on
the second level.  The men grunted and groaned but got it there.  Last year --
on Dec. 28th--it was stolen from our FRONT YARD with a street light &
Christmas lights shining away-- between 12 midnight and 6 am.  How they did
it, we don't know.  Mine was huge.  This year they took a smaller version that
also was in a front area  just down the street from us.  Do not put anything
in your front yard unless it is chained, cemented and alarmed.  I have been
told the crooks usually have buyers for such things before stealing them,
andusually take them out of the area to sell them.