Re: Archives, the future interactive source for hosta information.

In a message dated 1/8/1999 8:07:59 AM Central Standard Time,
jopyz@earthlink.net writes:

<<
 That is one area I definitely feel that hosta-open has the advantage, we do
 have a reasonably "friendly" searchable archive.  Maybe not the most
 technically advanced but useful. >>

Hosta-open has the best archives system, the best info, the best moderator and
the best members. I routinely am sent posts that are sent to the AHS Robin.
Some of them remind me of warnings to First Graders. I WILL never subscribe to
the AHS Robin in its present format. It is my understanding that it is paid
for by the AHS, which has NO control over it;rather, it is dominated by a
secret committee that screens every post to make sure that their vague and
open-ended "rules" are not violated.
The AHS should be ashamed in sponsoring such a list. Such a list should NOT
"belong" to one person---it should be under the control of the members----and
it should be open to ALL persons interested in the genus, not just members of
the AHS.

At any rate, hosta-open is THE place to be to learn about every aspect of
Hosta.

Clyde Crockett z5