Re: Better Gnomes In Gardens

In a message dated 1/7/99 10:26:37 PM Atlantic Standard Time, CCREDUX@aol.com

 Does anyone have a website for better or antique garden statuary?
 I find them so difficult to place and use.
 Does anyone have some theories on their use?
Clyde, one of the things that I have been looking for for a number of years is
some old wrought iron fencing or gates.   Some of the  old fences from early
in this century were very decorative and make interesting garden pieces if you
have something like morning glories clinging to them or even some tall
rubeckia type flowers around it..  The problem I have always run into is the
cost...the iron fence scavengers know the value of these fences and gates and
a a small gate can cost upwards or $500.