Re: Look-Alike Hostas

In a message dated 1/16/99 8:07:35 PM Central Standard Time,
acahanes@frontiernet.net writes:

<< Is about 10 yrs old and it's approx. 4 feet wide?  I wouldn't call this a
small
 Hosta, if
 Gold Edgar is really what I have.  How about Gold Drop, how wide is a clump
after

That is a big Gold Edger!!! I have a collection of plants that are a mix of
Gold Drop and Gold Edger that is 12 feet by 4 feet, but this is many many
plants. They look the same except that the Gold Edger is maybe an inch taller.
Both are fast growers that form many many divisions. I can picture it growing
2 feet wide-but four?!! What are you feeding them??