Re: Hosta Names

In a message dated 7/25/00 5:48:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
seabeth@heart.net writes:

<<  Thomas Hogg and
 Decorata are deemed one and the same.   >>

Curiosity is killing me Beth, where does one go to see this Thomas Hogg and
Decorata.  I don't remember seeing either of them anywhere or in any
publication.  The picture on the Library looks like the numerous Undulata
Albomarginata that I see around the neighborhood.  It could be that since
they both look like Albomarginata and that I have not noticed them.

On our last trip to Monticello I remember seeing plantaginea and
Albomarginata and that these plants were supposed to be in Thomas Jefferson's
garden, some of the first hostas brought into this country.  Anyone know
anything about that, he was famous for his botanical imports.

When my kids describe hostas this is the plant that they are referring to,
green leaves with a white edge.  N.