Re: BHHS Summer Weekend & Other Gardens

In a message dated 7/25/2000 9:10:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
sunkat@netnitco.net writes:

<<  Did you get in touch with some of our
 other friends on the other side of the pond?  >>

There were about 30 in attendance at the BHHS Summer Weekend. I met a lot of
new people, now old friends!
Ian Chrystal and Maris,Viscountess Sheppard, were there.Also, the John
Marco and Joyce Fransen, from Holland. Gwen Black.The Deardons. Tim Saville,
the great pixter, who has a CD for sale.I am sure it is a must! George Smith,
the originator of Hosta 'George Smith'.Chris Powell, who organized this
wonderful weekend. And, of course, Glen Pether, who can traverse those M ways
and A ways with aplomb and talk on his cell phone at the same time.
Mike Shadrack and Margaret, who had a marvelous album of pictures of the
Minn. Convention.Mike was a GREAT auctioneer at the auction at George's on

I suppose I was somewhat a curiosity, being the only Yank there.Must admit
that the Yorkshire accent is rather hard to pick up at first. Glen Pether
helped me with it.
Funny thing---when I was in London I would stop off at a pub in Bloomsbury
and ask for a "glass of Chardonnay." I finally learned that I had to say
"glauss" to be understood.

Clyde Crockett, aka "Clive"