Re: whirlwind and June

  • Subject: Re: whirlwind and June
  • From: Ray W <wie1086@oh.verio.com>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 18:40:05 -0400

I was wondering when someone would mention Whirlwind. There are
definately variations in this one. We had a plant sale a few weeks back.
All stock came from the same nursery. The 1st Whirlwind had thin
substance and fairly flat leaves, with veining that apparently would
standout greater as the season progressed. The 3rd day of the sale a
different batch came in. Leaves were of heavy substance (comparatively to
many small blues) and severely undulated. They were incredible. It left
me wondering what the real Whirlwind looks like (as my clump is more
similiar to the first batch).

As for June, my clump is blue edged with a green center that golds up
some as the season progresses. It has a blue haze early in the season.
People have asked what it was, since it does not resemble June as most
picture it. This spring I took notice of June at a wholesale nursery.
They were coming into leaf with a gold center. Environment seems to play
a part as season progresses. Does it play into the coloring when the
plant first leafs out?