Re: color blue in June

  • Subject: Re: color blue in June
  • From: AmberWaveG@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 08:02:37 EDT

In a message dated 07/02/2001 10:29:27 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
chick@bridgewoodgardens.com writes:

It seems to me that you have made your own determination of what is and is
not a sport.

Yes, I have and will continue to do so. Just because a plant has a slightly
different size margin or a slightly darker / lighter shade center is no
cause for a new name. I got one of those Francee's also that has a light
yellow center that changes to all green. I would never sell it as Francee,
probably throw it on the compost pile. But whatever, give them all a name
for all I care. I only have control over myself when it comes to the wanton
naming and introducing of hosta. Sure, I got a few good ones that I truly
call sports but as for the variants I just don't see the point.
Have a good day and a better evening.
Gary.