Re: color blue in June

  • Subject: Re: color blue in June
  • From: Alex Waterhouse-Hayward <alexwh@wimsey.com>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 12:05:29 -0400

And my English Rose, Glamis Castle doesn't have any fragrance.

Consider that Rosa 'Glamis Castle' a white English Rose is supposed to be
very fragrant and the fragrance is what the English call myrrh. This
fragrance is similar to that of magnolias. The fact is that my Glamis Castle
is not fragrant at all. As a rosarian I simply consider my Glamis Castle to
be a "bad" Glamis Castle not as a variant or one that should be given a
different name. The constant argument over the differences if Francee or
Minuteman or in Patriot perhaps would be moot if the AHS made it even more
difficult to name a hosta after one's next of kin or pet.

Alex Waterhouse-Hayward