Re: It's a Beautiful Morning

  • Subject: Re: It's a Beautiful Morning
  • From: Linda <falkora@smig.net>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 07:26:42 -0500

Hi Dan, and all,
We haven't had a drop of rain here in S.Minn. since June 13, when we
had 6 inches in 24 hours!  Then I was depressed looking at one bed of
hostas in standing water.  I spent the entire day yesterday watering
just hostas...I use a hose and wand rather than a sprinkler.  But in
early June I remember calling a friend, very excited about how
beautiful an artemesia looked right after a rain when the sun came
out and the plant looked so brilliant.  I was going on and on about a
maroon-red iris in bloom in front of the deep red foilage of a
...I just felt so good as I walked around after the rain... So, Dan,
it isn't just you, I think everyone feels good after a nice rain that
doesn't destroy anything!  I sure wish it would rain here, because my
main task this morning is to water daylilies, etc.  However, the
weeds don't seem to mind the dryness...they just get harder to pull!
Linda Kofstad
Hartland, MN