Re: dirty jokes on the open

  • Subject: Re: dirty jokes on the open
  • From: "H. WILLIAMS" <msbucky@home.com>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 01:19:02 -0400

Bob wrote:

> Hi everyone
>         Jim Dixon(ShayDguy@aol.com) and I are having a discussion on the
> appropriateness of his jokes on the open.  I think these jokes are in
> very bad taste for a family gardening list. When I asked him about it he
> says if people don't like it they need to get new software or use the
> software they have to block him out, not that he might consider quitting
> sending them. I also asked why he sends these jokes to a mixed list of
> people and not to just his private list and he won't answer that. I used
> the search function at mallorn.com and these were in about the very
> first jokes, if you want see if this is what you want your wife or
> children to stumble across each day.
>         I feel someone should be asked before they are sent porno jokes, at
> least the porno people just send links, Jim sends the smut right to you.
>         Anyway please let him or I or the list know what you think about this,
> maybe you are all for it.
> Bye
> Bob
>
> Here are 174 matches for his dirty jokes and almost none about
> gardening. These are a few excerpts. You might not want to read them by
> the way.
>
> 5.) The clitoris is a type of flower.
>       [ True ] or [ False ]
>
> 7.) Semen is a term for sailors.
>        [ True ] or [ False ]
>
> 8.) Anus is a Latin term for yearly.
>     [ True ] or [ False ]
>
> 19.) A dildo is a variety of sweet pickle.
>       [ True ] or [ False ]
>
> He asks the hooker, "How much for some pussy?"
>
>         Q. Whats the difference between parsley and pussy?
>
>         > > > > A. Nobody eats parsley.
>
> "Every time he kissed me, he wanted to shove his
> fist up my ass."
>
> No one seems inclined to stand behind me
> except that slut Sally, she must be kinkier than I thought. Can't
> feel my lips anymore. I need to wipe my ass with a snow cone!
>
> he just experienced the hand-job of a lifetime, worth
> every bit of
> $500.
>
> He is so amazed, he says, "I suppose a blow-job is
My 2 cents......

Well, Bob,

You have done an ADMIRABLE (NOT) job of repeating the very subject
matter you are protesting!  some of the list readers may have in fact
'filtered' him out, but you have managed to hit them right in the eye
with it.

I personally am not offended and find some of his material downright
hilarious, (I am female and over 50 in case you wonder), and since
virtually every program I can think of has a means to route certain
subjects/ senders/ etc. directly to the trash (do not pass 'go' do not
collect $100.) I don;t see what the problem is?

No doubt your wife has heard/seen/done it before and is not in need of
your protection (I would hope), but if you are so concerned, use your
Message Filter capability!

Streaks