Re: dirty jokes on the open

  • Subject: Re: dirty jokes on the open
  • From: Jim Hawes <hawesj@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 15:34:14 -0400

Like Gary Trucks and many others, most of us prefer to participate in hosta-open because it is open. I agree with Gary. This is not the place for Jim's jokes.

There is freedom of expression here. With freedom comes rersponsibility NOT to harm others

I think that most of us wish that any type of irresponsibility by those using hosta-open be self controlled. We have no rules, no hosta police, no violence, no hatred and we prefer no vice, corruption or other types of breaking of social customs to occur. This requires that every participant be in control of his own actions.

I have a wonderful, sweet sixteen granddaughter who is very  interested in  and knows a lot about hostas, computers, science, writing and hosta gardening. I encourage her to learn more about these subjects by reading hosta-open  discussions. But I don't want to do this if there are inappropriate  crude jokes without redeaming social or hosta value. I join with the majority in asking Jim to help make hosta-open a first class listserv for our group of hosta friends, not  anything less than that.

Jim Hawes
AmberWaveG@aol.com wrote:

I'm pretty thick skinned but I don't think that this is the place for Jim's
jokes.
Theres my vote.
Gary.