Re: Soil ammending

  • Subject: Re: Soil ammending
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 19:47:10 EDT

wie1086@oh.verio.com writes:

<<  Which leads me to: do hosta roots need to go deep? My thinking is
 10 inches is all they need.  >>

My two year old Blue Angel would need a tree spade to move it.  It is
competing with a much older S&S for size.

I think that I will go with the three gallon size and will have to have my
husband figure out how big that would be.  Maybe a little more than ten
inches for depth, my hostas in gallon pots seem to fill up the bottom of the
pot if given time.

Thanks for helping me to sort this one out in my head.  N.