Another Lemke's List for the listless

  • Subject: Another Lemke's List for the listless
  • From: LemkeIowa@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 16:22:15 EDT

A Glen Williams tribute:

Glen is noted for starting many lists. One of his latest list was his top 10
'Big Green Ones'. Of course, all the hitchhikers jumped in to include their
favorite greens . I like to reserve the 'Top ten' listing to the feminine
gender. As 'N' would say-Go figure.  To which I would add ===GO-- FIGURE===.

So here goes with my top thirteen. These have been carelessly selected by my
dear deer friends.  The number one selection is -- Sea Dream.  This is the
first hosta eaten by the deer each year. It stands by a nice oak tree.  It
must me the'value meal' of the deer world.  Their second choice is
'Ventricosa Aureomarginata'.  It stands by the north end of the bridge, so as
they turn left to cross the bridge to see what on the other side they stop
for a 'Big Mac.'  Third choice each year is 'Sundance'.  Savannah comes in
fourth, followed by Undulata Albomarginata. My freshly planted 'Donahue
Piecrust was next to go.  First meal took three leaves, the next trip took
the next leaf and now it stands 4 stalks and one small leaf remaining.  I
planted a allium next to Donahue.  I hope they don't like onion with their
big Mac.  I cried when they completely ate up 'On Stage.'  I had replanted it
and left a space of 4 by 4 feet for it to bask in all its glory. Now I have a
bundle of stalks.  So it goes as the deer continue their search for a Value
Pack or a happy meal. There went--Sea Lighting, Decorata, Green Fountain,
Gala, Snow White and Montana Aureomarginata.  I wonder what  they will select
for tonight's banquet. I would quess they have lunched on over 100 of the
available 838 plants.

I was going to close with a short porno joke, but after reading today's  163
e mail messages this would not be the time and the place for that.

Be kind to your dear friends.  Have a good day.