Re: Midwest Convention

  • Subject: Re: Midwest Convention
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 21:17:06 EDT

diannthoma@hotmail.com writes:

<< 1. What are the disadvantages of TC?

 and

 2. Don't you think greater availability of wonderful hosta is great for
 gardeners?  (OK, we're perhaps back to the --everyone duck--Walmart
 discussion and we'd best move on to a different thought....)  But, a slight
 tangent, why can't patent holders of new hosta control them longer?

OK, here is my opinion about tc.  The problem with it is, the culling is not
done for a long enough period of time in some cases.  Then the plants are
sold to the general public when way to small to really make it without
special attention.

The problem with Walmart and Kmart, yadda is they don't always have plants
labeled correctly.  But then I just came home from a very up scale nursery, a
place where I have done business for years.  They had a plant that looked a
whole lot like Bill Brinka, (since we have been discussing that plant).  It
was tagged Francis Williams, I have never seen a FW with a shine on the leaf.
 But for twelve ninety-nine, in a gallon pot five or six shoots, nine out of
ten people would not know.  N.