Re: Tree Roots & Tree Opinions

  • Subject: Re: Tree Roots & Tree Opinions
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 21:30:27 EDT

wie1086@oh.verio.com writes:

<< You can use lombardi poplar or what is being sold as a chinese hedge. The
 chinese hedge is suppose to only get 8-10 feet tall--my neighbors are 12
foot in
 3 years. Both are upright in shape. These can buy you time to establish what
you
 really want. Then pull out the chainsaw and mow em when the time is right.

Ray, I would not touch a lombardi poplar with a ten foot pole!  Take me back
to the good old days when my husband was a yard man.  He planted thirty
lombardis down the sides of the back yard.  The things started having dead
wood the next year.  They started randomly dying every other tree there
after.  Besides I just spent three hundred today to get the old tree down and
out and still have to pay to grind the stump.  Believe me that was a real
cheap price!

Keith has not been a yard man since Joseph was born, he would rather play
with the kids than keep a meticulous yard.  He is one of the greatest Dads
and, I get to make all the yard decisions.  What yard, the grass is slowly
disappearing.....

This is the front of the house.  The neighbors might torch the house if we
don't do something that is ......how shall I say this.......not aesthetically
pleasing.  The only word that I can think of......

Here is my thoughts.  One tree down, put two up.  Three choices here:  1) Two
aristocrats.  2) One aristocrat and one Franklin tree.  (anyone seen one of
these or where I can purchase it). 3) One ash and one Franklin tree.

Somebody help me decide, Keith is leaning toward the two aristocrats.

I know you folks are tired of my ramblings so I am going to shut my
.....mouth.  Thanks for listening, tree opinions appreciated.   N.