Re: Top Ten Most Recognizeable

  • Subject: Re: Top Ten Most Recognizeable
  • From: DonWachtel@webtv.net (Don)
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 00:02:39 -0400 (EDT)

Ray, this is my third year for "Abba Irresistible" and it was  very slow
to establish.  It remained a single division for two years but this year
there are eight in a very tight clump.  It is only 8" tall and 12" wide
but has at least a hundred leaves.  I have it in 3 hours of midday sun
which may be too much as about 10% of the leaves are showing slight burn
out in the centers.

It is a very attractive hosta but I doubt it will ever get much size
other than by division spread.  It was listed as a medium size hosta but
the leaf size would not indicate that.

This hosta is the only one of the 'Abba' series of Paul Aden that I am
aware of as being introduced.  I don't have a 'finder' so I could be
wrong.