Re: Oh My Heart hosta

  • Subject: Re: Oh My Heart hosta
  • From: "Bill Meyer" <njhosta@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:33:07 -0400

Hi Ran,
          Have you looked into the European (British?) version of a patent that Tony Avent's been talking about. I can't remember the name of it, but I do remember that he said it was valid over here. It's supposed to be an international thing to protect breeders from piracy. Maybe "Breeders' Rights......." something or other.
          It just occcurred to me that the internet can be a real help in exposing those who would violate the rights of others. Like most who are doing things they know are wrong, I doubt they'd like being exposed for it publicly. Remember the thief that was hitting gardens in the Ohio area a few years ago? Pete Ruh's, Bob Kuk's, and Henry Ross's? Did he ever get found out? Stole some of yours from Pete's, right?

Ann
It blooms like that !  It is in it's eleventh year, and buds starting to show look like the best year yet!  I have (OS) stock, of about 40 plants, many of which have bloomed as well.  It is in 5 test gardens, and has preformed equally well there.  Now my problem.  I don't know how to sell it, and make sure one of the TC labs doesn't pick it up and run it.  I have worked many years to bring this plant to readiness, and have no intention of seeing someone else use my hard work to make money!  I have explored A patent, but so far that has not worked.  I am considering using a system of a signed form by each purchaser promising not to divide or share any part of the plant.  If anyone has any thoughts on this I would sure like to listen.
Thanks
Ran Lydell
10749  Bennett Rd.
Dunkirk,  NY  14048