Re: Oh My Heart hosta

  • Subject: Re: Oh My Heart hosta
  • From: Betsy Mahtani <bmathani@flash.net>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 20:41:19 -0500

Didn't mean to sound uncaring about the plight of hybridizers.  Have
realized for some time that the market is very difficult for those of
you who have put a large part of your lives into producing new and
better plants.

Seems to me the combination of holding onto them until you could sell a
reasonable number at a decent price AND putting them into tissue culture
yourself the next year or so in order to receive some royalties would be
one option.  Of course, you couldn't ask really big prices in that
case, as those who paid dearly for them wouldn't appreciate your tc ing
them soon thereafter.  Definitely a problem--and I believe the rest of
us owe a lot to those of you who are out there improving the genus!