Re: Oh My Heart hosta

  • Subject: Re: Oh My Heart hosta
  • From: "Ransom Lydell" <ranbl@netsync.net>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:40:24 -0400

Your point is a good one, and I have talked about this in the past.  We do need a system , that rewards the hybridize for the efforts she/he has put forth.  Some Tc labs have in fact paid royalties on plants they TC,and the purchasers of those plants (me included) do help "pay back" the originator.  I have been careful not to offer anything, I have obtained with a patent, or a registered name, beyond the number I originally purchased.  Interesting isn't it that in almost every other field that thrives on originality, the originator, is generally rewarded for the efforts put forth.  We don't question that with publishing, or music, or inventions  With plants, it seems that everyone believes the originator ought to be willing to just share and be a nice guy.  I wonder why that is?  Of course I have done that with the many other plants I have put on the market, but I would like to make a little money on this one.

HI Ran
I was at your website a little while ago and I saw all the other's
plants you sell. What do you do about royalties for other's plants you
sell and maybe other people could follow your lead.
Bob             Bob Axmear  208 2nd St Ne  Waukon, Ia 52172
                Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/
                Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/