Re: Looking for a very small tree or large bush to complement hosta

  • Subject: Re: Looking for a very small tree or large bush to complement hosta
  • From: Shishi@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 22:42:59 EDT

In a message dated 7/12/2001 10:32:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ardissono@home.com writes:

I am
looking for suggestions on a tree/bush that doesn't get higher then 6 feet
and doesn't have a massive root system.  I was thinking of an Acer but am
not really familiar with them....

at 6' in the acer genus (palmatum), here are some choices:

any dissectum (over 6' after 10 years??) green or red
sharp's pygmy
beni hime
kiyo hime
koto hime
wilson's pink dwarf
all are small and slow growing.
there are more, but these came "off the top" of my head

 Harry Abel
 we do not create the beauty, we only point out the beauty God has created
        hand carved stone water basins            traditional bamboo water
garden accessories
        japanese maples         dwarf bamboos                hosta bonsai